Employees across the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) enterprise were recognized for significant contributions in the field of financial management at two separate awards ceremonies in the second quarter of 2019.
Individuals and teams from NAVWAR, Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC) Pacific, and NIWC Atlantic earned awards from both the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Management and Comptroller) (ASN (FM&C)) and the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (USD (C)) financial management awards programs.
The ceremony to present ASN (FM&C) 2018 financial management awards was held June 25 in Arlington, Virginia. NAVWAR enterprise awardees included:
• Lifetime Award. Mourad Yacoub, director of cost estimating and analysis division, NAVWAR, was recognized for 40 years of federal service
• Budget and Execution. Troy Grenier, integrated program management specialist for the earned value management branch
• Accounting and Auditing. NAVWAR Cash Reconciliation Team: Richard Aranda (team lead), Brad Tennyson, Jenise Leon-Guerrero, Clarence Chew and Jane Kiggins from NAVWAR and Chad Palermo, Tim Charlesworth and David Groesbeck, Chad Schmidt and Wayne Jarrett from NIWC Pacific
• Policy and Systems. NIWC Pacific Financial System Team: Timothy J. Charlesworth (team lead), Daniel Lindsey and Clare Morton
NAVWAR had one employee recognized at the calendar year 2018 USD (C) financial management awards May 29 in San Antonio, TX.
• Budget Formulation and Execution. William Gaither, financial analyst for the fiscal accounts management branch, NIWC Atlantic
“These awards reflect the incredible impact our financial management workforce makes Navy-wide in modernizing the way we think about the business of finance,” said NAVWAR Commander Rear Adm. Christian Becker. “Recognition at the Department of the Navy and Department of Defense levels demonstrates the great value the team’s hard work and dedication brings to our national defense.”
The NAVWAR enterprise continues to improve and modernize its financial management processes and procedures to support the development and delivery of warfighting capabilities to the fleet now and into the future.
Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) identifies, develops, delivers and sustains information warfighting capabilities and services that enable naval, joint, coalition and other national missions operating in warfighting domains from seabed to space. NAVWAR consists of more than 11,000 active duty military and civil service professionals located around the world.
DISCLAIMER: This article was originally published at the Defense Video Imagery Distribution System Hub (www.didvshub.net). The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
Share your thoughts in the comments area below!